Team Devizes Moonrakers Athletics Club
Wednesday 3rd November 2021
Present: Emma Scott, Joanna Austin, Rachel Webb, Ann Bolwell, Helen Fallon, Helen Johnson, Emma o’Hare, Sherrie Emm, Michelle Cox, Matthew Thomas, Lesley Thomas
Apolgise: Sam Cox, Mark Owen, Marcella Heyes
Minutes from last AGM: Had been emailed out to everyone prior to the meeting, due to Covid most people present had not been present at previous AGM. No questions raised about the minutes and adopted as a true account. Proposed by Emma Scott, Seconded by Helen Fallon
Chair persons report
- Thanked parents for sticking with us throughout the Covid lockdowns and for attending the meeting tonight. Also for bringing their children every week to training, without their support there would be no club
- Dauntsey school training session went well, enjoyed by athletes and coaches, and was well attended – thank you. The coaching team have a meeting arranged with Dauntsey school with a view to train there more often in the new year.
- Competitions – due to covid opportunities have not been available over the past year but going forward hopefully these are now beginning to be available again. Junior Road Race League has begun again. The club will ensure all dates are advertised in the termly newsletter and on our Facebook page.
- Colin left the club in the last year. Colin was instrumental in starting the club and has been a key figure now for many years. Although he will be greatly missed, we are in a good position to take the club forward and can always call on him for help an advice. Colin is now concentrating on his other coaching ventures, and we wish him well for the future.
- Matt also thanked Lesley, Mark, Michelle, Sam and Emily for their support with the club both coaching at weekly sessions and behind the scenes as well.
Presentation of Accounts
First thanks given to Emma Scott for auditing last years accounts. Accounts presented and explained to all present Adopted as a true account by Mrs Emm and Seconded by Mrs Fallon
A debate was then held about the future cost of the weekly training fees. All present felt that the fees must be raised to ensure facilities costs are covered. Voted for a £1 per week raise on training fees, to commence January 2022. Vote passed unanimously.
Election of Management Committee
Chair – Matthew Thomas – proposed by Michelle Cox seconded by Lesley Thomas
Vice chair – Samantha Cox – proposed by Emma Scott seconded by Helen Johnson
Treasurer – Lesley Thomas – proposed by Michelle Cox seconded by Emma Scott
Secretary – Michelle Cox – proposed by Lesley Thomas seconded by Emma Scott
Adoption of constition: adopted proposed by Helen Johnson seconded by Helen Fallon
Meeting closed : 8pm