Team Devizes (Moonrakers) AC is working towards Clubmark in line with UK Athletics’ requirements for clubs with youth sections.
All coaches and officials have been DBS checked.
We publish Codes of Conduct for Athletes, Coaches and Supporters and expect them to be adhered too.
We take seriously the welfare of athletes in our care and will have regard to such matters as nutrition as well as physical and mental well-being.
The full England Athletics policy can be read at here
Club Welfare Officer Details
|Welfare Officer 1
Name: Marcella Heyes
|Welfare Officer 2
Name: Col Carter
As Welfare Officers we will:
- Deal with confidential matters that may arise related to athletes and have an understanding and an appropriate way to such matters.
- Responsible for the promotion of codes of conduct to members, parents and young people.
- Receive, record and pass on to the NGB Child Protection officer, any concerns relating to the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults
- To provide advice on the development of activities for young people within the club/organisation.
- Support the registration of all personnel involved in activities for young people with the club/organisation (CRB checks).
- Recognise the difference between poor practice in according to club rules and matters that would be seen as a welfare issue.
- A welfare officer will be present at the start/end of training sessions should any child/parent/coach/volunteer have any concerns relating to the welfare of a child/young person or of bulling /poor practice within the club.. If the Welfare Officer is not available, the person with concerns should report the matter to the local Children’s services or police themselves.