Minutes of the Team Devizes – Moonrakers Athletics Club AGM 8th December 2010
Venue: The 2010 AGM of Team Devizes – Moonrakers Athletics Club will be held at Devizes School Gymnasium number 2 on Wednesday the 8th of December 2010. The meeting will start at 1930 hours – training will run alongside the AGM. Please support your children by attending and becoming involved we are all Volunteers and need every bit of help that you can give. Last year, as with 2008, disappointingly, a number of those who we hoped would attend dropped their offspring off and presumably went shopping!
- Minutes of AGM 4 Nov 09 and matters arising.
- Election of Officers: President. Life Vice Presidents (Mr. Brian Smith-Dowse is our only current LVP), Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Secretary, Team Management, Coaching Structure, Officials Secretary.
- Report from the Chairman: If available.
- Report from the Secretary: If available.
- Report from the Treasurer: For the year ending 31 March 2010. Total income generated £1,736.28 (against £2631.50 in 2009), Total Expenditure:£1,439.23 (compared with £2128.34 in 2009). Balance brought forward 31 March 2009 £1909.73. Balance carried forward 31 Mar 2010 £2,206.78. The accounts have been audited by Mr P Evans (Chair of Governors at Downland School – retired Chief Finance Officer at Kennet DC).
- Membership subscription: Proposed by Geoff that the subscription rate be set at £10 per junior member, £15 per adult (for us over 21 – we don’t currently have any members in this age group) / renewing member (Family and Social rate to continue as it is).
- Please become involved: The existing team of active committee members and other helpers is very small; to thrive and continue the club urgently needs more adults to take an active role. Please become involved!
- We are a Partnership Club with Devizes School Sports College and as such get the facilities at a slightly reduced hire fee.
- Message from the school management: please remember not to wear any footwear in the gymnasiums that might mark / damage the flooring.
- From our Charitable Status any sponsorship events you take part of naming the club we can reclaim tax from tax paying donations – remember to ask them to tick the gift aid box on any sponsorship forms.
- Still on the Charity / Funds side of things we are signed up to the Internet search engine Everyclick by making the search engine as your default you can raise something like a penny a search toward the club funds, the link is:
There will be a meeting of the New Committee at The White Bear Public House on Monday 13th December 2010 starting at 1900 hours.